Dog Kennel Flooring
Dog Kennel Flooring – a topic that we write about a lot – is important to the success of your animal facing organization. You may not know it yet, or you may just be realizing how much impact something as seemingly mundane as the topic of dog kennel flooring can have on your business. This article is seeking to help you understand the nuances of choosing the right dog kennel flooring, even if you don’t run a dog kennel.
In fact a lot of readers of this blog are professionals in veterinary services, or animal hospital staff. We get a lot of our readership in supplementary professions that provide services to the animal care industry as well – consultants, architects, interior designers and those who build or construct spaces for pet-centric businesses. We know that the concept of dog kennel flooring may have a bit of a learning curve.
That’s the beauty of this blog – we highlight the different nuances and important factors that can contribute to what you’re ultimately trying to achieve, even if at first, dog kennel flooring may just be a small variable in the larger equation.
We invite you to read on and visit other areas on our website to familiarize yourself with the important features of a world class dog kennel flooring – and see how there is a large overlap for many different animals and use cases that go far beyond just using our products as a flooring solution in kennels.
Below we will highlight some important pieces of information that can help you realize important optimizations in your project through the purchase of industry leading flooring like we manufacture. We promise a thorough exploration while trying not to be too boring.
Why the right Dog Kennel Flooring is important
Animal flooring is super important. It’s what helps you complete your task without having to worry about injury and sanitation and ancillary problems. It’s a background variable that offers more layers of value than you might realize on the surface.
Most importantly, it is the interface that all pets, and all animals undergoing treatment or grooming, or housing will interact with nearly full time. Our four legged friends will be in contact with flooring at all times in some way or another – see why we believe we’ve helped you solve problems you may not be realizing in real time before you even have to contend with them.
A lot of the readers of this particular article are already fully aware of the importance of the flooring solution for animal hospitals, housing structures for animals, rescue operations, shelters, kennels and other places where our product has a fit. That’s how they probably arrived on our site. What we hope to be able to do, is enlighten you even further as to the additional benefits and optimizations that kennel flooring like what we sell, can have on your animal operation.
It’s for those reasons you may not be already seeking animal flooring solutions that become the most important variables.
- Improvement of foot injury incidence numbers
- Better cleanliness and sanitation
- More comfortable navigation for animals in rehabilitation situations or for sick animals
- Better evacuation of urine and feces allowing for easier cleaning and maintenance
- More consistency for staff, veterinary professionals, or handlers on a regular basis thanks to uniformity and consistency in flooring height and level
There are other reasons that animal flooring is important, but these are hopefully getting your mind turning on some of the more prevalent concepts.
Why RACS Dog Kennel Flooring is a Best in Class among other options
RACS believes (and thousands of repeat customers, and many thousands more of existing customers) that we offer the best in class solution for animal centric operations, from a flooring perspective. Here are some of the attributes that help us stand out:
- The surface design allows for excellent drainage, large enough for hair, soap, water and dirt to drain through in most cases (expanded metal style)
- Sturdy architecture can handle the weight of larger animals, or provide a better ergonomic positioning to contain animals and assist with procedures (which minimizes staff strain or injury) – we don’t just offer flooring, we also have tub grates, and other accessories
- The Plastisol coating forms a complete envelope around the solid welded steel and expanded metal structure so there will be no rust and maintenance is easy – our flooring products are also autoclave safe
- The polyvinyl coating is mildew and mold resistant and has anti-slip properties – the grates are highly resistant to fungal growth and cleaning them is simple and straightforward
- Our products are a mix of modular and custom – we provide a modular main component for flooring that standardizes sizing, and pair it with a customer-driven layout design and need, so each installation is fully customized to your space and workflow
The different variables you need to consider when choosing flooring for your Dog Kennel
What types of animals are you working with?
Are there sick animals?
Are some of your animal guests unable to see as well as they used to, or incontinent?
Are you not actually a kennel and need specific flooring for a multi-room facility or veterinary clinic, or other specific needs? We offer off-the shelf and custom solutions that make sense for other users in the pet and animal space, including rescue organizations, rehab centers and grooming facilities, etc.
Do you have staff that need to interact with the animals in a more consistent and controlled way?
Do you have trouble cleaning up waste, debris, or feces/urine now?
Do you need to accommodate for better or more frequent cleaning abilities?
Is your facility a part indoor part outdoor facility?
No two companies and organizations we work with are exactly alike. We have a lot of the best practices ironed out, but we also have extremely experienced representatives that can help answer esoteric questions or provide specific needs analysis for you on the fly, and throughout the buying process. Please reach out to discuss your specific needs.
Our Installation and Design process
As mentioned above, we operate with a hybrid installation methodology. Some of our products are modular and off the shelf. Other parts are strategically fit and custom made to ensure you get exactly what you need.
We offer a simple process:
- Once you’re ready to explore, call one of our team members for a pre-sale discussion of needs (you can also contact us on email)
- Get questions answered about your concerns, and help us understand the needs you have
- Let us prepare a quote for you specifically
- We can deliver the product on a timeline that will be available before you purchase – we also provide significant resources and after-the-sale support
Conclusions about the right Dog Kennel Flooring
One size most definitely does not fit all. We are proud to offer a solution for dog kennel flooring that extends beyond just dog kennels. We are proud to offer a solution that is applicable to varied use cases and a lot of different users from kennels, to vet facilities, to groomers, and animal boarding companies, and beyond.
Knowing how you can benefit from having a premier solution for flooring that can keep animals safer, cleaner and more comfortable is a great starting point. Connecting with someone who can help you understand future benefits and help you design the perfect installation for your needs is a logical next step.
We’d love to hear from you, and we invite you to shop throughout our website to get more familiar with our product mix and see if the type of work we do and products we manufacture are a good fit for your operation.